Wednesday, July 15, 2009

i am the proud owner...


of a brand new baby holga.

i love this quote by dorothea lange: "While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see."

i took her with me to chicago but the camera shop i go to opens and closes during my work day so i haven't been able to develop my film yet. oof. by friiiiday i'll have little morsels of my trip to the chi. i had forgotten this feeling...the anticipation of discovering what lays on those scraps of film...discovering what that moment looked like through the lens...the thrill of opening up the envelope and getting your eager fingerprints all over the glossy images. yee hee hee. can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. thanks diana! your advice helped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a holga a few months ago - a red one - it truly is the best thing ever. I love the anticipation of waiting to get them developed and opening up the envelope too :) I think that's the best bit! x

    ReplyDelete