Wednesday, July 22, 2009

summer vaca.

this is my first summer as a "real" adult. oof.

last thursday was a productive but looong day at work. what made it so long was the strong sun that shone through the tree outside of my window...all day...beseeching me to play so relentlessly. but when i jumped in my car sooo eager to get home & finally accept my dear sun's invitation....i had a yellow "no gas" light staring me in the face. no fun. so i begrudgingly stopped at the gas station close to work and i even more begrudgingly asked the man at the window to put my $20 on tank 7. that's when i saw it. the ice cream cooler. before i knew it my hand reached into that beautifully frigid treasure box and pulled out...a. push. up. pop. this is when it happened. my summer revival. i quite gladly waited for the pump to kindly feed my car with gas while i happily licked away at my push-up pop. then i drove away so thankful for the animal collective that blared & even my sticky orange fingers.

so i decided that although summer vaca as i have known it for 13+ years is dead & gone....it will always be raging deep within me. words are not enough though....one must take action.

on monday night i was strolling through rite-aid with a dear friend and spotted this...a big mama box of this....

our work freezer is now stashed with otter pops...which equally delight me. everyday on the way home from work now....i grab an otter pop, get in my car, blare the summer anthem of the day and let summer vaca come alive again.

as i've said before...growing up is overrated. but for now it can't be avoided so an otter pop & summer tunes will do.

1 comment:

  1. ok, you just brought me a wave of memories from my childhood. Going to Costco today! :)

    ReplyDelete