Thursday, March 25, 2010

i work at big brothers big sisters.


and i'm so blessed by it. today, i interviewed a volunteer, who when asked what she would like her Little Sister to know about her, responded: "that i'm out-going...." then she paused....smiled...and said, "and that i like my life."

it was contagious....i smiled and thought about how even though i spent the past year in the longest, coldest winter season of my life...today, i like my life too. i remember long nights spent crying quietly and hours spent on our balcony, lips chapped from the cold wind. and i think how glorious it is that rescue can be so triumphant and sweeping sometimes, but in others...it's so quiet, gentle and sweet.

"Oh dear, oh dear," said Lucy. "And I was so pleased at finding you again. And I thought you'd let me stay. And I thought you'd come roaring in and frighten all the enemies away – like last time. And now everything is going to be horrid." "It is hard for you, little one," said Aslan. "But things never happen the same way twice." -prince caspian.

...so i've found.

No comments:

Post a Comment