Sunday, March 28, 2010

sista sista.

img: papertissue.tumblr.com
i often gag at the word "sisterhood." this, most likely, can be attributed to countless new friends in cali who gawk at the revelation that i, in my college years, was in a sorority.

but lately i've found a new. deep. fresh. gratitude for sisterhood. one in particular has shown me such courage in her willingness to be intimate in friendship, rather than the standard operating girl procedures of : judge & be judged.

she doesn't even know it, but her words, her embrace, her presence, her stories....they've helped me to reclaim my heart. little. by. little.

what a dream you are, mare. what a radical, lovely, hopeful dream.

2 comments:

  1. oh, suelii.


    you take my breath away.
    this honor is too high for me.
    but i can't say i don't feel the same way about you.

    sisterhood is back and better than imaginable.

    elle : oh : vie : ee

    y o u

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have yet to find that one woman i can truly connect with (that isn't our mothers) but so happy you found it.

    ReplyDelete