Monday, January 2, 2012

given over; no giving up...

park in berlin.

i want this year to be marked with a much deeper surrender of everything i have, i am, i want, and i know, to Him. all the things i've wrestled with, and all those things i've held too tightly, i give to Him...not because i'm sure of anything, but because He deserves it. He deserves more than i could possibly contain or be. i don't want to hold anything back from Him anymore...those things i felt i knew, that it turns out i really really didn't.

i have soundtracks for some of my dearests, and i hold those songs as runes in my heart, evidence of our times together, who they are to me, and who i learned to be for them. i hope that when the Lord thinks of me, this refrain swells up in His ears.

//you can have all this world. but give me Jesus.\\

No comments:

Post a Comment